Water Damage Mitigation
mitigation (mit-i-ga-tion) /mitƏ’gāSHƏn/ noun “the action of reducing the severity, seriousness, or painfulness of something”
What do I do?
Homeowners and Business Owners affected by Water Damage can call 24/7 at 770.783.0770 for Professional Help from IICRC Certified Technicians who are experienced in working directly with your insurance company and providing insurance claim assistance. We are properly licensed, insured, and trained in the specialized fields of cleaning, biocides, extraction, drying, and moisture measuring – all necessary steps in properly returning your home to a safe and livable state. We guarantee that you will pay ONLY your deductible!
The experts at Red Door Restoration will address…
- Broken Pipes
- Sprinkler Damage
- Sewer and Water Backup
- Overflowing Toilets, Bathtubs, Sinks, etc.
- Leaking or Burst Water Heaters and Water Tanks
- Leaking or Overflowing Appliances (Dishwasher, Washing Machine, etc.)
- Leaking Plumbing, Freeze Burst Pipes, etc.
- Water Damage from Firefighting Efforts
- Rain Indoors After Structural Damage Due to a Storm
- Content Management to Protect and/or Restore Your Belongings
- Restoration Services
- Rebuild Services
… and many other scenarios.
What does Red Door Restoration do?
Once at your home, The Red Door Team will begin removing and disposing of all wet, porous components such as mattresses, pillows, crown or base molding, insulation, portions of damaged walls, and any carpet with pad, laminate, tile, or sheet vinyl floor coverings. Wood flooring will be removed to expose wet saturation pockets underneath and allow for proper drying, cleaning, and sanitizing. Other items such as wet clothing, furniture, and household fabrics are usually salvageable and we can coordinate Content Management for the removal, cleaning, and return of these items. The next step, and arguably the most important, is thoroughly drying the damaged space. Beginning reconstruction before a space is thoroughly dry can cause dry rot, ongoing structural damage, and negative health effects. Dryness is impossible to determine by touch and requires a professional moisture assessment, which we are licensed and trained to perform.
Important Information To Know:
1. Your safety is most important! Do not enter a room where there is standing water unless the main power source has been disconnected; shock hazards are common and dangerous. Check the building’s structural integrity before entering, looking for things like falling debris from a damaged ceiling. If you absolutely must enter an area of standing water, make sure you’re wearing proper personal protective equipment and try to stay out of the water as much as possible to further reduce the risk of injury. Items such as protective clothing, sturdy shoes, gloves, eye protection, and an organic vapor respirator (paint respirator) can protect you from exposure to dangerous microorganisms that can grow quickly.
2. Do not use electrical appliances in a room where there is standing water or the floor is wet. Do not attempt to remove the water yourself with a household vacuum.
3. If the power source to the room or area has been disconnected, and only if it is structurally safe for you to enter the area, you may remove any breakables or valuables that are not yet but likely to sustain damage if unmoved.
4. Even though it can take mold a few days to appear, anything that can be done to control or minimize its speed of growth is vital. Mold thrives in moist environments with stale air, organic food sources (paper, wood, etc.), and temperatures between 68 and 86 degrees Fahrenheit. To reduce these risks, keep air moving by opening windows and doors. Fresh air discourages the growth of mold and other microorganisms and can also help reduce inhalation risks.
The damage is contained, now what?
Red Door Restoration has the necessary experience in providing insurance claim assistance to you, the home or business owner, as well as communicating with and direct-billing your insurance company for all of our water damage mitigation services. Beyond handling the damage itself, our services include creating a scope of work to be submitted directly to your insurance carrier for approval and payment. Our history of serving the area since 1994 as Red Door Renovations & Design, Inc. also provides us the experience and skills necessary to rebuild your home or business back to pre-loss condition. Most often our customers tell us that, as devastating as a disaster can be, Red Door Restoration makes getting life and business back to normal a seamless and easy process.
Call Us 24/7 for Emergency Services: 770.783.0770